Products and Services
Providing Value to Our clients
Through ongoing Services
Wood chips harvest services
The harvest takes place in the autumn-winter period (the rest of the plant). Harvesting equipment – John Deere combine with a special cutting devise. The organization of the field logistics requires the trailer for wood chips loading from combine and the load-transfer device for pile formation. The price for chips harvest services depends on the harvest area and yield capacity. Company specialists define the price proceeding from plantation inspection.
Seedlings For Sale
One of the activities of SALIX energy is the sale of energy willow and poplar seedlings for cultivation on an industrial scale.
We are the exclusive representative in Ukraine of many copyright varieties of energy plants and only here you can buy:
Marciyana – energy willow – Ukrainian
Tora – energy willow – Swedish
Tordis – energy willow – Swedish
SW Inger – energy willow – Swedish
Wilhelm– energy willow – Swedish
Marzencinski – energy willow – Polish
Gigantea – energy willow – Polish
Warm-maz – energy willow – Polish
Dorskamp – energy poplar – Italian
Variety choice is determined by customer requirements and the quality of the soil.
Preparation of seedlings is carried out in the autumn-winter period of the year in professional nursery-gardens in compliance with all technical and technological requirements for the procurement, storage and packaging that allows getting a good planting material.
Terms of seedlings supply:
Seedlings can be supplied for both the machine (in long roots), and for the manual (short) landing.
Minimum quantity delivery – 15 000 seedlings (estimated area for cultivation 1 ha).
Information support for the preparation of the soil and care of plantations.
Soil preparation services
Willow plantation establishment – is agronomic issues
We offer soil preparation with technology that is similar to the preparation of the soil under the vegetable crop group and depends on the condition of the land.
- Usage of a high-quality planting material (long roots that retain moisture better).
- No cutting of planting material.
- Less dependence on the human factor.
- Ability to use a system of parallel driving for handling and harvesting.
- Much less damage to plants rooted during handling.
- Significantly smaller investments.
- Manual landing operations require additional labelling lines.
- Small plantation area.
Wood chips sales
- On the operating condition of fuel ~ 0,6%
- In the dry condition of fuel ~ 1.25%
Net calorific value
- 1949.8 Kcal / kg – in the operating condition of fuel
Gross calorific value
- 4291.2 Kcal / kg – in the dry state fuels
New product – Eco-briquettes
Salix Energy has been successfully operating on the Ukrainian agro-energy market for over 10 years. The company’s focus was mostly directed to biomass production. However as the world is moving towards a more sustainable, innovative future, Salix Energy has decided to expand its focus and introduce to the market new more environmentally friendly eco-briquettes for the bbq. The unique product that serves well-known purposes but does not harm nature.
Salix Energy is using the existing base to develop new ways to make our society more sustainably oriented. The great experience in the field together with already existing willow plantations put Salix Energy on the path of developing eco-briquettes from the environmentally friendly willow chips, used as raw material for carbonisation.
The environmental approach is present at all stages of production, avoiding not only unnecessary emissions, but also black timber market.
- 0 herbicides and chemicals for the establishment and operation of plantations
- Willow plantations create conditions for the growth of animal populations
- A plantation of 1,350 hectares absorbs 24.7 thousand tons of CO2, emitting 17.8 thousand tons of oxygen per year
- The willow does not require annual aeration, and therefore does not deplete the soil
- Each hectare of plantations drops 6 tons. foliage / year, which significantly improves the quality of the land
The lab-studies carried by Salix Energy showed technical characteristics that highlight the ability to freely compete with the existing products on the market, while being progressively more sustainable.
- Carbon content - 87.4%
- Moisture - 5.16%
- The highest heat of combustion in terms of combustible mass - 8,090 kcal / kg
- Net calorific value in terms of combustible mass - 7 860 kcal / kg
- Ash content - 6.65%
- The share of sulfur - 0.2%
Salix Energy created product samples to check the focus group`s real life experience with eco-briquettes, as the consumers` comfort and satisfaction plays a significant role in the company's values.
The results showed that combustion time met the standards of 4 hours, showing the high competition possibility for the product.
Focus groups faced similar experience to the existing briquettes in terms of usability ease and quality assumption.
Potential of the product is extremely high, as there are no existing analogies present on the market so far. Sharing the same full experience, while carrying about nature - a combination that can bring us to a green and happy future.